Pages

Friday, December 25, 2020

Stars!

 Hello, for the summer learning journey we had to make origami stars. 

What do you need?

To make Origami stars you need an A 4 piece of paper, scissors, ruler and a pencil.

  1. You get your A 4 piece of paper and draw a straight line with your ruler. 
  2. Next you cut the piece of paper.
  3.  After that you get your strip of paper and curl it to make a hole that you can see through.
  4. Once you've finished that you pull the extra put through the hole and bend it over the other side.
  5. Next you flatten it out and roll the paper round your star until you have no paper left.
  6. Once you have no paper left you squish the paper until you have four angles and it looks like a star.
If these instructions do not work use this link.


Which instructions worked better?


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Benjamin,

    Fiona here from the Summer Learning Journey team. It is so great to see all your awesome blogs over the summer!

    Great work creating a 3D paper star. Thank you for including step-by-step instructions in your blog of how you folded your star and a link to the video. This is so helpful and hopefully I can make a cool looking star like yours! Did you find this activity tricky or was it pretty easy for you?

    Did you see the Step it Up 3D paper activity? I think you would really enjoy it! You can check it out here. In this activity, you can make a cup or a finger trap (or both!). You will also earn bonus points!

    Keep up the fantastic mahi.

    Mā te wā,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post